INCLINE VILLAGE, Nev. - Open Washoe County, an online program for public input and feedback, is asking residents how they prefer to communicate with their local county government.
The open forum is accessible through the Washoe County website at www.washoecounty.us/openwashoe and also by texting "subscribe" to 775-835-4540. Individuals can make comments, suggestions and read what other community members are saying about a particular issue.
Feedback from the following question will be submitted to Commissioners before recommendations are made next month regarding citizen involvement:
What ways are you most likely to interact with your Washoe County government?
Write an email
• Write a letter
• Online services
• Call my Commissioner or other County official
• Visit a County office
• Attend a County Commission or public meeting
• Attend a County-sponsored community meeting in my neighborhood
• Watch Washoe Channel Television (WCTV), Charter 217 or Digital 80.9
• Engage through Social Media: Facebook, Twitter or others
• Attend a telephone town hall meeting with a presentation from an elected official
"Citizen engagement and public participation are high priorities for the Washoe County Commissioners and are included in the strategic goals for 2013-14," said Washoe County Commissioner Bonnie Weber. "During the past nine months, the Citizen Involvement Revitalization Project has brought the issue to the forefront as new ideas of engaging citizens are being discussed and studied by staff and the Board."
At the end of March, commissioners will be presented with recommendations that may include new or additional opportunities for Washoe County residents to become involved with the county.
Learn more at www.washoecounty.us/openwashoe.