We live in the best community in the world. Last week the students at Mount Tallac High School were able to ski and ride at Heavenly Ski Resort thanks the the generous grant from Vail Resorts written by Nancy Rollston of the Lake Tahoe Education Foundation. The students were supplied with equipment, lessons and a wonderful day on the mountain. Many of the students had never skied or boarded before and many had only been to Heavenly when they participated in the fifth-grade ski program. The smiles and enjoyment were wonderful to watch. Thank you Vail Resorts and Lake Tahoe Education Foundation.Susan BakerMount Tallac High School
- Affordable housing woes: Are Tahoe locals being priced out of the real estate market?
- South Lake Tahoe massage regulations tightened
- Man who touched Justin Timberlake's face at Lake Tahoe celebrity golf tournament arrested
- My view: Affordable housing directly impacted by TRPA policy (opinion)
- Tahoe-Truckee weather: Temps hit 90s this week, topping 100 down the hill