We live in the best community in the world. Last week the students at Mount Tallac High School were able to ski and ride at Heavenly Ski Resort thanks the the generous grant from Vail Resorts written by Nancy Rollston of the Lake Tahoe Education Foundation. The students were supplied with equipment, lessons and a wonderful day on the mountain. Many of the students had never skied or boarded before and many had only been to Heavenly when they participated in the fifth-grade ski program. The smiles and enjoyment were wonderful to watch. Thank you Vail Resorts and Lake Tahoe Education Foundation.Susan BakerMount Tallac High School
- Erik Roner remembered as a great family man with 'a wonderful love for life'
- MTB economics: South Lake Tahoe sees boost from mountain-bike tourism
- South Lake Tahoe police clear man suspected in sexual assault case
- Lake Tahoe and El Niño: OpenSnow.com forecasters sound off
- What to know about acclimating to Lake Tahoe's higher elevations