Hard Rock’s global Battle of the Bands event takes Tahoe’s South Shore
May 13, 2017
The global Hard Rock Rising Battle of the Bands event, which seeks out emerging talent and offers the winner the chance to perform at halftime in Miami Gardens' Hard Rock Stadium, is set for Tahoe's South Shore. The competition takes place at Hard Rock casinos, hotels and cafes across the world, and one artist will take home the grand prize.
On Saturday, May 13, the Tahoe-centric qualifying rounds kick off at Stateline's Hard Rock Hotel and Casino at 1 p.m. and guests at least 16 years of age are invited to rock out to local upcoming talent.
Over 60 musicians entered the Tahoe competition, and 10 were selected to take the stage. These bands — based in areas such as Reno, Grass Valley, Boise and South Lake Tahoe itself — cover a range of genres from metal to rock, reggae to folk and indie to pop. Catch solo artists, duos and four-piece bands alike at this one-of-a-kind event you won't want to miss.
The battle of the bands-style gig continues with the finale next Saturday, May 20. Both the qualifying and final rounds take place inside Vinyl at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino. Entry for the finale costs $10, and proceeds benefit the Hard Rock Heals Foundation.
Visit http://www.hardrockcasinolaketahoe.com to learn more.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities & Events
- Lake Tahoe kayaker recounts near-death experience in Upper Truckee River
- Minden woman who died after falling in Upper Truckee River remembered at celebration of life
- Edgewood Tahoe celebrates completion of $100M lodge
- Search continues in reduced capacity for missing kayaker at Lake Tahoe
- Kayaker reported missing at Lake Tahoe found safe in hotel room