Audiodub rocks South Lake Tahoe’s Whiskey Dick’s Saloon
January 12, 2017
If you go …
When: Saturday, Jan. 14, 9 p.m.
Where: Whiskey Dick’s Saloon
What began as a cover band of artists like Green Day, Phish and Sublime eventually turned into the Bay Area-based reggae/ska group Audiodub, who jams at South Shore's Whiskey Dick's Saloon on Saturday, Jan. 14.
When the three members joined together in 2006, they started out as a Sublime cover band, and one year later were headlining venues along the West Coast.
"Although rocking the music of Sublime came naturally to these three Sublime fans, original ideas and tracks quickly came to the forefront.
"This new band consists of the same members but different ideas, combining our unique musical backgrounds and creating Audiodub.
"This new project combines the ska/reggae elements that we're used to and blends them with our own personalities of hard rock and punk," states the band's online biography.
Audiodub has released four full-length albums since 2008, when their first record "So Scud" debuted in April.
"We combine thumping reggae beats with a California-rock mentality, bringing our own style of music that separates from the rest," states Audiodub's Facebook page.
The free gig begins at 9 p.m., and Audiodub will be joined by special guests Two Peace, a Sacramento-based reggae/hip-hop duo.
"They come to spread truth and positive vibes," states their Facebook page.
Whiskey Dick's Saloon is located at 2660 Lake Tahoe Blvd.
Additional information is available at http://www.facebook.com/whiskeydickstahoe.
— Lake Tahoe Action
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Entertainment
- #TahoeSnaps: Celebrating Father’s Day and ringing in summer
- Summer readin’: South Lake Tahoe Library staff picks top books for the season
- Paul Simon joins 2017 Lake Tahoe Summer Concert Series
- Here’s what you can’t miss in Tahoe this summer
- Lenny Kravitz ready to rock 2017 Lake Tahoe Summer Concert Series
- Lake Tahoe kayaker recounts near-death experience in Upper Truckee River
- Stand up pedalboards making waves around Lake Tahoe
- Harrah’s, Harveys Lake Tahoe to charge for holiday, special event parking
- Edgewood Tahoe celebrates completion of $100M lodge
- Revisiting Angora Fire 10 years after devastating blaze ignited in Lake Tahoe