Audition for ‘Leading Ladies’
Ryan Summerlin September 2, 2014
The Theatre Arts Department at Lake Tahoe Community College is seeking men and women of various ages and types for its upcoming production of the comedy “Leading Ladies” by Ken Ludwig. Auditions take place Sept. 23 at 7 p.m. in the LTCC Duke Theatre. Performances will be held Nov. 14-23.
In this farce by the author of “Lend Me A Tenor,” and “Moon Over Buffalo,” the year is 1958 and two British Shakespearean actors, Jack and Leo, find themselves so down on their luck that they are performing “Scenes from Shakespeare” on the Moose Lodge circuit in the Amish country of Pennsylvania. When they hear that an old woman is about to die and leave her fortune to her two long-lost English nephews, they resolve to pass themselves off as her beloved relatives and get the cash. Comedy ensues when they learn that the relatives aren’t nephews, but nieces. Even more laughs abound when Leo falls head-over-petticoat in love with the woman’s vivacious niece, Meg, who’s engaged to the local minister.
Auditions will consist of readings from the play. Actors are encouraged to read the script before auditioning. Scripts are available on reserve in the LTCC Library. Audition information and character breakdowns can be found on the Theatre Department auditions webpage (http://ltcc.edu/web/community/auditions1/) and on the Theatre Department’s Facebook page (LTCCTheatreArts). Opportunities for light and sound board operators, stage manager, backstage crew, and construction crew are also available.
For more information about this production and the auditions, call the Theatre Department at (530) 541-4660, ext. 240.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Collin still committed to South Lake Tahoe council candidacy after fatal wreck
- Letter: BEAR League board member says, ‘We are not making this up’
- Five injured in car accident down Kingsbury Grade Friday; city council candidate and wife confirmed as two of injured
- Tahoe Keys to apply for herbicide trial in effort to fight aquatic invasive species
- Membership-based airline expands service to and from Truckee Tahoe Airport