Alan Miller Trio plays Tahoe’s Boathouse Theatre
June 26, 2014
If you go
What: Alan Miller Trio
When: 7 p.m. Tuesday, July 1
Where: Boathouse Theatre at the Tallac Historic Site, just west of Camp Richardson
"Jazz standards and a few surprises" come to the Valhalla Art, Music and Theatre Festival this week when the Alan Miller Trio performs at the Boathouse Theatre.
"Alan studied guitar at the famed Southern California Guitar Institute of Technology," according to a press release from the festival. "Today Miller finds the time to arrange and perform Jazz on his guitar. Alan is backed by Dory Smith on Bass and vocals, veteran performer with Coolwater from the MS Dixie. The rhythm section is Steve Katzman on drums. Steve played in numerous jazz combos and often jammed with the late great Jim Aton."
Doors for the show open at 7 p.m. Tuesday, July 1, with the performance starting at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $12.
The summer festival at the South Shore continues July 5 with James Garner's Tribute to Johnny Cash.
"James Garner's Tribute to Johnny Cash celebrates the life and music of the legendary 'Man in Black' with strong conviction and stunning accuracy," according to the festival's website. "Garner and his band faithfully recreate Cash's biggest hits and incorporate historical accounts about America's most beloved singing storyteller in this not-to-be missed musical event. The show is fun, toe-tapping trip down memory lane honoring Johnny Cash's life and music, and the boom-chicka-boom sound of his longtime backing band, the Tennessee Three."
For more information visit http://www.valhallatahoe.com.
Lake Tahoe Action
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Music
- Harveys Lake Tahoe Summer Concert Series launches Saturday
- Mark Mackay and Left of Centre headline country rock weekend at Heavenly Village
- Nevada’s Reckless Envy plays Heavenly Village’s free summer concert series
- The Bread and Butter Band visits Lakeside Inn and Casino
- Dead Winter Carpenters’ Jesse Dunn talks about the group’s latest, ‘Washoe’
- Smoke from Mariposa County fire continues to fill Tahoe Basin (video)
- Tahoe Keys Marina without running water as dispute over bills continues
- Mariposa County fire in California threatens 1,500 structures near Yosemite
- Sierra homeowners are losing coverage because of surrounding brush, trees
- Carson City bypass ready for debut; residents to ride, run, walk final stretch of freeway Saturday