Deep Fryed Mojo gets in the Zone at MontBleu
June 19, 2014
If you go
What: Deep Fryed Mojo
When: 10:30 p.m. Tuesday, June 24
Where: MontBleu Resort Casino & Spa
Longtime South Lake Tahoe rockers Deep Fryed Mojo kick off a series of shows at South Shore's MontBleu Resort Casino & Spa this week.
The jam act performs a free show 10:30 p.m. Tuesday at the casino's Zone sports bar.
The band formed in 2007 through an open jam night at the former Tudor Pub in South Lake Tahoe and lists jam bands like Phish, String Cheese Incident, Leftover Salmon and Hot Buttered Rum, as well as 1960s groups like the Grateful Dead, the Doors, the Rolling Stones, John Lennon and the Beatles among its influences.
"Just a good-timing, fun-loving, musically gifted Rock n Roll band, w/ roots in Blues/Americana/Rock/Funk/Jazz/and Reggae," according to the band's Facebook page. "This band of brothers just loves to play, loves to smile, and loves to get the folks dancing and smiling!"
Following Tuesday's performance the series of free shows at the Zone returns in July with Island of Black & White, from El Dorado Hills, on July 18. Country rockers Sil Shoda perform July 20, Denver J Band takes the stage July 25 and Deep Fryed Mojo returns July 30. DJ Keenan plays the Zone Aug. 2, while Jake's Garage plays Aug. 8. Sacramento's Weapon performs Aug. 14 and Cash Only plays Aug. 16. Sil Shoda returns to the series Aug. 24 and Diva Kings wrap up the shows Aug. 29-30.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Music
- Harveys Lake Tahoe Summer Concert Series launches Saturday
- The Bread and Butter Band visits Lakeside Inn and Casino
- Dead Winter Carpenters’ Jesse Dunn talks about the group’s latest, ‘Washoe’
- Mark Mackay and Left of Centre headline country rock weekend at Heavenly Village
- Nevada’s Reckless Envy plays Heavenly Village’s free summer concert series
- Smoke from Mariposa County fire continues to fill Tahoe Basin (video)
- Tahoe Keys Marina without running water as dispute over bills continues
- Mariposa County fire in California threatens 1,500 structures near Yosemite
- Carson City bypass ready for debut; residents to ride, run, walk final stretch of freeway Saturday
- Lake Tahoe Basin under air quality alert, dense smoke advisory as fire rages near Yosemite