Eric Burdon & the Animals at the Harrah’s Lake Tahoe South Shore Room
June 12, 2014
If you go
What: Eric Burdon & the Animals
When: 7:30 p.m. Saturday, June 14
Where: Harrah’s Lake Tahoe
Tickets: Starting at $55
A founder of the funk outfit War and a player in the British Invasion of the mid-1960s takes the stage at Harrah's Lake Tahoe Saturday.
Eric Burdon & the Animals perform in the South Shore Room Saturday.
"Eric Burdon has one of the most distinctive and searingly powerful voices in rock and roll," according to press materials. "As the front man and driving force of the Animals, Burdon was at the forefront of the British Invasion, helping to shape rock and roll's DNA with his imposing yet soulful vocals. A member of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame since 1994 and hailed by Rolling Stone Magazine as one of the 100 Greatest Voices of All Time, Burdon has continued to forge new musical territory with each new record in the five decades since the iconic 'House of the Rising Sun.'"
Burdon & the Animals had a string of hits including "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood," "We Gotta Get Out of This Place," "San Franciscan Nights," "Monterey" and "Sky Pilot."
"With his unrivaled instrument, Eric Burdon has shared the stage with legends such as Chuck Berry, Jimi Hendrix, Jimmy Witherspoon and Otis Redding — and was recently cited by cutting edge musicians like Patti Smith and Iggy Pop in their personal top tens," according to the press materials. "In 2012, Burdon received hard-earned kudos when Bruce Springsteen made him a cornerstone of his keynote speech at South by Southwest. Burdon joined Springsteen on-stage and was soon back in heavy demand."
Burdon released an EP with garage rockers the Greenhornes thereafter and followed up with the full-length "'Til Your River Runs Dry" in 2013.
Lake Tahoe Action
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Music
- South Lake Tahoe’s own Trey Stone and Taking Root perform at Camp Richardson
- Nevada’s Reckless Envy plays Heavenly Village’s free summer concert series
- Barking dog causes neighborhood woes (opinion)
- Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Lake Tahoe to host summer concert series
- Mark Mackay and Left of Centre headline country rock weekend at Heavenly Village
- Lake Tahoe kayaker recounts near-death experience in Upper Truckee River
- Stand up pedalboards making waves around Lake Tahoe
- Harrah’s, Harveys Lake Tahoe to charge for holiday, special event parking
- Revisiting Angora Fire 10 years after devastating blaze ignited in Lake Tahoe
- Edgewood Tahoe celebrates completion of $100M lodge