Grateful Ball tour stops at Crystal Bay Club Casino
February 23, 2017
If you go …
What: The Grateful Ball
When: Friday, Feb. 24, 9 p.m.
Where: Crystal Bay Club Casino
Tickets: $25 advance, $30 day of show, plus ticket fees
Last weekend Grateful Dead tribute Dark Star Orchestra rocked Tahoe's South Shore, and now North Shore fans get the chance to hear songs from the classic rock band thanks to Jeff Austin and The Travelin' McCourys.
On Friday, Feb. 24, the two artists' tour, the Grateful Ball, will stop at Crystal Bay Club Casino at 9 p.m.
"Each evening [of the tour] will feature a set from both the [Jeff Austin Band] and The Travelin' McCourys, followed by a special collaborative set of the timeless music of the Grateful Dead. We will dig deep into decades' worth of material to create a special set of music not to be missed," states Austin's website.
The musician has pursued music for two decades, finding his niche in bluegrass and Americana sound. The Travelin' McCourys play music in a similar vein.
"As the sons of bluegrass legend Del McCoury, Ronnie McCoury on mandolin and Rob McCoury on banjo continue their father's work — a lifelong dedication to the power of bluegrass music to bring joy into people's lives. And with fiddler Jason Carter and bassist Alan Bartram, the ensemble is loved and respected by the bluegrass faithful," states the group's online biography.
Save $5 and purchase tickets ahead of time — seats are $25 in advance and climb to $30 on the day of the show. Sales are conducted through the venue's website.
Crystal Bay Club Casino is located at 14 NV 28 in Crystal Bay.
Learn more about the gig online at http://www.crystalbaycasino.com.
— Lake Tahoe Action
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Music
- South Lake Tahoe’s own Trey Stone and Taking Root perform at Camp Richardson
- Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Lake Tahoe to host summer concert series
- Nevada’s Reckless Envy plays Heavenly Village’s free summer concert series
- Barking dog causes neighborhood woes (opinion)
- Mark Mackay and Left of Centre headline country rock weekend at Heavenly Village
- Lake Tahoe kayaker recounts near-death experience in Upper Truckee River
- Stand up pedalboards making waves around Lake Tahoe
- Harrah’s, Harveys Lake Tahoe to charge for holiday, special event parking
- Edgewood Tahoe celebrates completion of $100M lodge
- Revisiting Angora Fire 10 years after devastating blaze ignited in Lake Tahoe