Harrah’s Lake Tahoe hosts Neil Sedaka at the South Shore Room
June 6, 2014
If you go
What: Neil Sedaka
When: 7:30 p.m. Saturday, June 7
Where: Harrah’s Lake Tahoe
Tickets: $82.50 plus fees
Neil Sedaka's songs have been recorded by everyone from Elvis to ABBA.
His own performances of "Breaking Up Is Hard to Do," "Laughter in the Rain" and "Bad Blood" have also secured him a place in pop culture's history.
At 75-year-old, the singer and pianist still performs regularly, bringing his show to Harrah's Lake Tahoe on Saturday.
"His impressive fifty year career ranges from being one of the first teen pop sensations of the 50's, a relevant songwriter for himself and other artists in the 60's, a superstar in the 70's, remaining a constant force in writing and performing presently," according to a press release from Sedaka's publicist. "This is all thanks to the countless songs he has written, performed, and produced that continue to inspire artists and audiences around the world."
Sedaka's songs have been recorded by pop, rock, country, R&B and jazz performers. Captain & Tennille's recording of Sedaka's "Love Will Keep Us Together" topped the charts.
In October 2012, Sedaka released "The Real Neil", a CD of new material and a few Sedaka classics.
"The most challenging task for a songwriter is to write a simple tune but still bring an emotional feeling to it," Sedaka said in the release. "After 60 years of writing, I am very proud of these new songs. This is my first acoustic album. Piano and voice, the pure form of the song, just the way I write them. The songs are very personal and come from my soul. It's the culmination of all the years of writing. No frills. No production gimmicks."
Lake Tahoe Action
Trending In: Music
- Grateful Ball tour stops at Crystal Bay Club Casino
- The Roemers play Whiskey Dick’s Saloon
- AC/DC tribute Back N Black performs at South Lake Tahoe’s Hard Rock Hotel and Casino
- Violin Femmes feat. Bella Electric Strings rocks MontBleu Resort Casino & Spa
- Wesley Orsolic Band to play free show at Camp Richardson’s Beacon
- Snowboarder from Connecticut dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort
- How long will ski season run at Lake Tahoe resorts?
- No timeframe for permanent fix to US 50 near Bridal Veil Falls
- TRPA looks to free transit, shared-use pathways for traffic solutions in Lake Tahoe
- Water managers may have to ‘spill’ water from Lake Tahoe