Oleander headlines Stateline’s Hard Rock Hotel and Casino
May 4, 2017
If you go …
When: Friday, May 5, 8 p.m.
Where: Hard Rock Hotel and Casino
Rock fans rejoice: Oleander, who gained recognition in the late '90s and early '00s for songs such as "Why I'm Here" and "Are You There?," headlines Hard Rock Hotel and Casino on Friday, May 5.
Oleander's newest release, "Something Beautiful," was the band's first full-length record since 2003's "Joyride" and dropped after a nearly decade-long hiatus.
"We did this for ourselves and to have fun, since we love it," bassist Doug Eldridge said. "If this [record] is huge, great. If not, we had fun and we loved doing it."
While much of the world has changed since Oleander took a break in 2005 (Twitter wasn't around yet and MySpace was only beginning its dramatic climb before it crashed and burned), the group's music remains true to its original sound.
"The music is an extension of a band from where we were when we stopped writing," vocalist Thomas Flowers said. "That was a cool aspect of getting back in the room and getting juices flowing again. We picked up where we left off. It was effortless for us to pull these songs together."
According to the vocalist, the songs on "Something Beautiful" were written from the heart in an honest attempt to connect with people struggling to get from point A to point B.
"The result is an album that bridges the gap between modern and alternative rock, with Eldridge going so far as to say that the band can't and won't pinpoint influences," states a press release from Union Entertainment Group.
Oleander's Stateline concert begins at 8 p.m. Tickets are available for $15 online via http://www.hardrockcasinolaketahoe.com. The venue is located at 50 U.S. 50.
— Lake Tahoe Action
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Music
- South Lake Tahoe’s own Trey Stone and Taking Root perform at Camp Richardson
- Spring Meltdown: Lake Tahoe’s three-day metal fest welcomes 50+ bands
- Funk group The Werks jams at Crystal Bay Casino
- Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Lake Tahoe to host summer concert series
- Sammy Hagar & The Circle, Slightly Stoopid join 2017 Lake Tahoe Summer Concert Series lineup
- Lake Tahoe kayaker recounts near-death experience in Upper Truckee River
- Edgewood Tahoe celebrates completion of $100M lodge
- Minden woman who died after falling in Upper Truckee River remembered at celebration of life
- Search continues in reduced capacity for missing kayaker at Lake Tahoe
- Kayaker reported missing at Lake Tahoe found safe in hotel room