Reno’s The Sextones bring funk to Crystal Bay Casino
May 25, 2017
If you go …
What: The Sextones
When: Sunday, May 28, 10 p.m.
Where: Crystal Bay Casino
Reno-based soul quartet The Sextones is set to jam at North Shore's Crystal Bay Casino on Sunday, May 28.
"The Sextones are a family of music renegades known for viciously executed soul compositions and white-knuckle driving funk.
"Fronted by the charismatic and soulful vocalist Mark Sexton, The Sextones' sound is a tip of the hat to the days of Tower of Power and Stevie Wonder while actively forging the path for a new generation of soul and funk," states the band's online biography.
The Sextones recently dropped an 11-track album, "Moonlight Vision," in April earlier this year, which features the hits "Push on Through" and "Drunk off Your Love."
The record comes on the heels of the group's handful of festival performances, which include appearances at Wanderlust, Railroad Earth's Hangtown Halloween Ball and Brews Jazz & Funk Fest.
"The Sextones continue to diligently craft their distinctive brand of soul with face-melting guitar parts, intricate bass-work, commanding drum rhythms, sticky Hammond B3 comping, brutally honest and heartfelt vocal acrobatics and a fearless and exciting stage performance," continues the bio.
Dance along at the free gig, which begins at 10 p.m. and is open to patrons at least 21 years of age.
Crystal Bay Casino is located at 14 NV 28. Additional information about the event is available at http://www.crystalbaycasino.com.
Interact with The Sextones at http://www.thesextonesmusic.com, or through social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter (each under the handle @thesextones).
— Lake Tahoe Action
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Music
- South Lake Tahoe’s own Trey Stone and Taking Root perform at Camp Richardson
- Nevada’s Reckless Envy plays Heavenly Village’s free summer concert series
- Barking dog causes neighborhood woes (opinion)
- Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Lake Tahoe to host summer concert series
- Mark Mackay and Left of Centre headline country rock weekend at Heavenly Village
- Lake Tahoe kayaker recounts near-death experience in Upper Truckee River
- Harrah’s, Harveys Lake Tahoe to charge for holiday, special event parking
- Stand up pedalboards making waves around Lake Tahoe
- Revisiting Angora Fire 10 years after devastating blaze ignited in Lake Tahoe
- Edgewood Tahoe celebrates completion of $100M lodge