Rock the Boat returns to Lake Tahoe’s waters
June 26, 2014
If you've ever wanted to dance your way across Lake Tahoe, now's your chance.
Three levels of music will play late into the night aboard the M.S. Dixie II this week, when Rock the Boat returns to the paddle-wheeler Thursday, June 26.
Each deck of the paddle-wheeler features completely different sounds and energy, said event coordinator, "Captain" Zach Garrison.
House, funk and hip-hop are among the styles to be represented on this week's voyage.
The event features performances by DJs Pumpkin and G Jones, as well as San Diego's Vokab Kompany. DJs Little Miss Mixer, Gurbtron and Chango round out the show.
Garrison threw three parties on the M.S. Dixie II last year in an effort to expand the variety of venues offering live music at the lake. Lake Tahoe's waters are about as unique as it gets for a live music venue.
"It was awesome," Garrison said Tuesday. "People are loving it."
The cruise is limited to 400 people. Boarding starts at 11 p.m. at Zephyr Cove Resort. The cruise returns to the resort at 3:30 a.m. Tickets are $60 and available at Mad About Music and Tahoe Paddle and Oar.
For those who can't make Thursday's performances, two more outings are planned for later this summer, Bounce the Boat on July 24 and the Pre-Burn Bon Voyage on Aug. 21.
More information is available at http://www.rocktheboatparties.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Music
- Mike Love and Chad Wilkins Band jam at MontBleu Resort Casino & Spa
- Sammy Hagar & The Circle, Slightly Stoopid join 2017 Lake Tahoe Summer Concert Series lineup
- The Bread and Butter Band visits Lakeside Inn and Casino
- Harveys Lake Tahoe Summer Concert Series launches Saturday
- Rock the Boat returns to Lake Tahoe’s waters
- Review: What’s it like riding a LimeBike in South Lake Tahoe?
- Truckee-Tahoe business owners tackle housing shortage by becoming landlords
- South Lake Tahoe resident wins Tahoe Rim Trail Endurance Run 100 mile race
- Proposed Shoreline Plan could allow 138 new piers in Lake Tahoe
- Momentum picks up in fight against invasive plants in Tahoe Keys