Three Dog Night plays at South Tahoe’s MontBleu
Ryan Summerlin June 19, 2014
If you go
What: Three Dog Night
When: 8 p.m. Saturday, June 21
Where: MontBleu Resort Casino & Spa
Tickets: $45 plus fees
The musicians behind some of the most famous hits of the late 1960s and early 1970s bring their road show to Lake Tahoe’s South Shore Friday.
Three Dog Night performs at MontBleu Resort Casino & Spa Saturday.
“Three Dog Night’s hits wind through the fabric of pop culture today, whether on the radio where they are heard day in and day out, in TV commercials or in major motion pictures — songs like ‘Mama Told Me (Not To Come),’ ‘Joy to the World,’ ‘Black and White,’ ‘Shambala’ and ‘One’ serve to heighten our emotions and crystallize Three Dog Night’s continuing popularity,” according to the group’s website.
Three Dog Night plays more than 80 dates a year and includes founding members Cory Wells and Danny Hutton on lead vocals, original keyboardist Jimmy Greenspoon, guitarist Michael Allsup, bassist Paul Kingery and drummer Pat Bautz.
“Originally brought together in 1968 by Danny Hutton and Cory Wells, the group was enormously successful from the start,” according to the website. “Hutton, who had graduated from loading and unloading records at the Disney studio to recording as a solo artist, met Cory Wells while he was touring with Sonny and Cher. The now-famous name came from a story about Australian aborigines who, on cold nights in the outback, sleep with their dogs for warmth. The coldest evenings are known as ‘three dog nights.’”
During its career Three Dog Night has had 21 consecutive Top 40 hits, including three number one singles, 11 Top 10s, 18 straight Top 20s and 12 straight RIAA-Certified Gold LPs. Their hits appeared on best-selling charts in pop, rock and country.
Trending In: Music
- Barking dog causes neighborhood woes (opinion)
- Dead Winter Carpenters’ Jesse Dunn talks about the group’s latest, ‘Washoe’
- South Shore’s Bass Camp Festival IV expands to two days
- Train singer Pat Monahan on keeping the hits a comin’
- Voodoo Glow Skulls incorporate a wide range of influences into their unique sound
- Collin still committed to South Lake Tahoe council candidacy after fatal wreck
- Letter: BEAR League board member says, ‘We are not making this up’
- Tahoe Keys to apply for herbicide trial in effort to fight aquatic invasive species
- My view: Nevada vs. California mentality undermines community (opinion)
- Membership-based airline expands service to and from Truckee Tahoe Airport