Openers for Lenny Kravitz, Eric Church 2017 Lake Tahoe Summer Concert Series gigs announced
May 11, 2017
The opening acts for the 2017 Lake Tahoe Summer Concert Series gigs featuring Lenny Kravitz and Eric Church have been announced.
On Friday, July 14, up-and-coming singer-songwriter ZZ Ward will open for rocker Kravitz at Harveys Outdoor Arena.
"The Fedora-rocking, guitar-shredding, harmonica-wielding blues siren peppered an old backporch musical recipe with hip-hop urgency and hashtaggable wisdom on her 2012 mixtape 'Eleven Roses,'" states Ward's online biography.
Her second full-length album, "The Storm," is due out June 30 later this year.
"For me, this album wasn't really about experimenting," Ward said. "It was more about simplicity, honing in on what I love about music and what makes me who I am as an artist. Growing up, I listened to a lot of hip-hop and blues, and I love those two genres so much. Sometimes, to evolve you don't need to go outside of yourself; you can reach further inside of yourself instead."
Just under two months later, country newcomer Price opens for Church at both of his South Shore gigs: Saturday and Sunday, Sept. 2-3.
Recommended Stories For You
"First impressions matter. Especially on a debut album. Time and attention-strapped listeners size up an artist within a song or two, then move on or delve in further. Fortunately, it only takes Margo Price about 28 seconds to convince you that you're hearing the arrival of a singular new talent," states the artist's online biography.
Price's debut, "Midwest Father's Daughter," premiered in March 2016.
"I hope that the record helps people get through hard times or depression. That's ultimately what music did for me in my childhood, and especially in my early adult years. It's about being able to connect personally with a song, and hopefully, it makes you feel not so lonely," Price noted.
Tickets for the Ward and Kravitz gig begin at $54.59. Catch Price and Church starting at $69.50. Purchases are conducted through Ticketmaster and both performances are held at Harveys Outdoor Arena as part of the 2017 Lake Tahoe Summer Concert Series.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Entertainment
- SnowGlobe announces lineup for 2017 festival in South Lake Tahoe
- Country Artists Tribute takes the stage Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Lake Tahoe
- Teton Gravity Research’s ski and snowboard film ‘Rogue Elements’ makes Squaw Valley debut
- Action shots: Closing out summer on Lake Tahoe
- Comedian Steve Hytner performs at Crystal Bay Casino
- First snow of 2017-18 season falls in mountains surrounding Lake Tahoe (video)
- South Lake Tahoe considers service that tracks down illegal VHRs
- Fatal 16-vehicle crash cleared, westbound I-80 reopens near Eagle Lakes
- California Highway Patrol IDs South Lake Tahoe motorcyclist killed in crash
- Kirkwood fined over wetlands contamination