RENO, Nev. — The Washoe County School Board is asking ousted Superintendent Pedro Martinez to return to his job.
The Reno Gazette-Journal first reported on its website Thursday that the board has agreed to void any action it took last week regarding Martinez’s employment and wants him to return to work immediately.
Board President Barbara Clark said in a statement the “events and circumstances” surrounding last week’s ouster “had more to do with attitude, demeanor and lack of cooperation than it did with certifications and diplomas.”
Martinez has filed a lawsuit accusing the board of violating the state’s open-meetings law. He says they fired him illegally in a dispute over whether he is a certified public accountant, which he says he is.
According to a report from KRNV News in Reno, Martinez returning to work “will not end the legal issues.”