Wednesday and Thursday saw record temperatures in South Lake Tahoe, according to records kept by the National Weather Service and the Weather Channel. A weather station at Lake Tahoe Airport recorded a temperature of 68 degrees Wednesday, topping the previous record of 64 degrees for the date, set in 2007. On Thursday, temperature at the airport reached 66 degrees, four degrees warmer than the previous record for the date, also set in 2007. The weather is expected to gradually cool through next week, with temperatures reaching the high-30s by Thursday, according to forecasts by the National Weather Service in Reno.
- Travel feature: 48 hours in L.A. — don't be afraid to explore the City of Angels
- Wildlife officials kill second 'dangerous' Lake Tahoe bear in span of 3 days
- Feature: Choose your camping companions wisely when planning your next adventure
- Places to watch South Tahoe Labor Day fireworks
- #TahoeSnaps: Camp Richardson, a momma bear in South Lake Tahoe & more