Wednesday and Thursday saw record temperatures in South Lake Tahoe, according to records kept by the National Weather Service and the Weather Channel. A weather station at Lake Tahoe Airport recorded a temperature of 68 degrees Wednesday, topping the previous record of 64 degrees for the date, set in 2007. On Thursday, temperature at the airport reached 66 degrees, four degrees warmer than the previous record for the date, also set in 2007. The weather is expected to gradually cool through next week, with temperatures reaching the high-30s by Thursday, according to forecasts by the National Weather Service in Reno.
Record temperatures set at the South Shore
Trending in: News
- Truckee Police: Home burglaries on the rise
- Tahoe man injured in Truckee crash is former prosecutor
- Horizon to undergo multi-million dollar renovation
- Chateau project developer makes deal to purchase other parcels; project could move forward as envisioned
- Squaw Valley, Sugar Bowl strike partnership for 2014-15