Wednesday and Thursday saw record temperatures in South Lake Tahoe, according to records kept by the National Weather Service and the Weather Channel. A weather station at Lake Tahoe Airport recorded a temperature of 68 degrees Wednesday, topping the previous record of 64 degrees for the date, set in 2007. On Thursday, temperature at the airport reached 66 degrees, four degrees warmer than the previous record for the date, also set in 2007. The weather is expected to gradually cool through next week, with temperatures reaching the high-30s by Thursday, according to forecasts by the National Weather Service in Reno.
- Five injured in car accident down Kingsbury Grade Friday; city council candidate and wife confirmed as two of injured (story will be updated)
- Tension high over bear management in Nevada side of Tahoe Basin
- Midwest travel agency names Lake Tahoe favorite destination
- 28,000 miles: Family of three travels to South America on motorcycles; presentation planned for Tahoe's South Shore
- Fall is here: Best ways to celebrate the season in Tahoe