Award recognizes employers who hire disabled
May 13, 2003
The Ellie O’Toole Award recognizes an outstanding employer, employee or individual who has made extraordinary efforts in working for the betterment of life for those people or persons with a physical, developmental or emotional disability. This prestigious annual award will be presented at the South Lake Tahoe Chamber of Commerce Installation Dinner on Friday, May 30, 2003.
The Ellie O’Toole Award is the highest humanitarian honor presented by the South Lake Tahoe Chamber of Commerce and shall be given to an individual, organization or business who meets the criteria from one of the following categories:
1) An individual with a disability for outstanding achievement and significant contributions that increase public awareness of the experience of disability.
2) An individual, agency, firm or organization that has made extraordinary local contributions to the success of people with disabilities.
3) An employer who has made outstanding achievements in improving employment opportunities for people with disabilities.
4) An outstanding employee from the public or private sector for exemplary leadership through the employing agency. This leadership includes encouraging, inspiring, facilitating or promoting the employment of people with disabilities.
Recommended Stories For You
5) An individual or organization for creating/incorporating a unique or innovative design that is universally accessible by both people with disabilities and non-disabled persons. This may include technology, architecture, graphics, furniture, products or services. This Award supports the philosophy that as many people as possible should be able to use a building or product if not in an equal way, at least in an equivalent way.
6) A career professional that has made extraordinary contributions to the employment of people with disabilities. The nominee can be employed in any formally recognized profession, such as architect, dentist, engineer, attorney, physical therapist, physician, optometrist, rehabilitation counselor, educator or elected official. Answer all questions completely.
Nominations will be accepted by mail at P.O. Box 114, Zephyr Cove, NV 89448, via fax at (775) 586-4528 or via e-mail to Mindingyourbiz@aol.com. The deadline is May 13.