TahoEconomics: Community building with Chris McNamara (video)
February 20, 2017
Business is booming on Lake Tahoe’s South Shore.
Large infrastructure projects like Edgewood Tahoe’s new resort, Barton Health's Robert Maloff Center of Excellence and the 148 condos at Tahoe Beach Club (to name a few) are underway. The brewery scene is exploding; first-time business owners are making moves; and entrepreneurs, freelancers and remote workers are trading in city life for the allure of Tahoe’s work/play lifestyle.
In response, the Tribune is kicking off a new web series focused on business, innovation and trends across the South Shore. Each episode will feature a community member with insights on the evolving economy.
This episode, Tribune News Editor Claire Cudahy caught up with Chris McNamara, a climbing guidebook author and creator of the review websites TechGearLab and OutdoorGearLab, to talk recreation and remote businesses.
Interested in talking business on TahoEconomics? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 530-542-8002.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Business
- Douglas County jury finds man innocent in alleged sexual assault at Lake Tahoe
- Ask Tessie: How do I meet a responsible man in Tahoe?
- Gardnerville man killed in head-on collision near Red Lake
- The latest on California wildfires: Napa Valley school remain closed until Monday
- Up in smoke: Wildfires scorch California pot crop at harvest