Gunfire caused destructive Detwiler Fire near Yosemite National Park
August 7, 2017
The fire, which prompted evacuations in several areas including the town of Mariposa, destroyed 63 homes and 67 other buildings.
CalFire is offering a $2,000 reward for information about the person responsible for starting the fire.
Public land managers in California and Nevada have moved to implement temporary shooting bans in national forests as conditions become increasingly dry on the heels of big winter.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Crime & Fire
- Ask Tessie: How do I meet a responsible man in Tahoe?
- Former and current Tahoe residents impacted by Northern California fires
- Gardnerville man killed in head-on collision near Red Lake
- Construction begins on Round Hill Pines Beach Resort
- The latest on California wildfires: Napa Valley school remain closed until Monday