Investigators: Murder-suicide ruled in Placerville house fire
April 24, 2014
On March 7, investigators from the El Dorado County Sheriff's Office were called to 1601 Rose Lane in Placerville regarding a death investigation. The initial call came in as a structure fire at the property. Fire personnel located and removed two female decedents from the master bedroom of the residence. It was later discovered that both decedents had gunshot wounds to the head.
After a thorough investigation, Sheriff John D'Agostini's investigations section has determined that homeowner Crystal Ward shot Carolyn Hague in the head and set the house ablaze with the use of flammable liquids, before turning the weapon on herself, committing suicide.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Crime & Fire
- First snow of 2017-18 season falls in mountains surrounding Lake Tahoe (video)
- Guest column: City of South Lake Tahoe ignoring reality in crafting VHR policies
- Snow in September? Don’t worry, winter is not here yet
- South Lake Tahoe considers service that tracks down illegal VHRs
- Hidden painted rocks the latest craze sweeping across the South Shore