Man wanted in Mendocino murder arrested in South Lake Tahoe
February 25, 2017
A suspect wanted in connection with a murder in Mendocino County was arrested in South Lake Tahoe Friday.
In a press release, the South Lake Tahoe Police Department reported that officers arrested 32-year-old Jesse Cole Wells. The South Lake Tahoe department would not comment on details of the offense since it is tied to an open murder investigation in the Mendocino County Sheriff's Office jurisdiction.
Officials with the Mendocino County Sheriff's Office did not return a phone call from the Tribune Friday evening.
Wells was residing on Conestoga Avenue in South Lake Tahoe at the time of the arrest, according to local law enforcement. Detectives coordinated with Mendocino County investigators and were granted a search warrant.
Due to the violent nature of the crime the SLTPD SWAT team was activated.
Wells was booked into the El Dorado County Jail in South Lake Tahoe Friday. The arrest warrant set a bail amount $650,000.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Crime & Fire
- Lake Tahoe kayaker recounts near-death experience in Upper Truckee River
- Stand up pedalboards making waves around Lake Tahoe
- Harrah’s, Harveys Lake Tahoe to charge for holiday, special event parking
- Edgewood Tahoe celebrates completion of $100M lodge
- Revisiting Angora Fire 10 years after devastating blaze ignited in Lake Tahoe