McFlurry leads to arrest
November 5, 2014
A McDonald’s “McFlurry” landed a man in jail on Sunday when police were able track him down after he allegedly burglarized a motel.
The arrest occurred after police reportedly saw the suspect, Louis Fiori Jr., on surveillance footage forcing open the locked front door of The Trailhead Lodge and stealing from the cash drawer behind the employee counter on Thursday after business hours,according to a South Lake Tahoe Police Department (SLTPD) press release.
During the alleged burglary Fiori was seen on surveillance carrying a “McFlurry” ice cream. After reviewing the evidence, SLTPD Officer Mark Hounsell went to McDonald’s to review surveillance footage and saw Fiori on video moments prior to the burglary wearing the same clothes as seen on the burglary footage. On the McDonald’s video, Fiori was reportedly eating a “McFlurry” and filling out a job application.
Officers collected Fiori’s job application and were able to identify him. The officers attempted to find Fiori at the time but were unsuccessful.
On Sunday, investigators found Fiori back at McDonald’s where he was interviewed and subsequently arrested on a burglary charge.
Police do not believe the burglary is related to other burglaries previously reported in the area of the “Y.”
Trending In: Crime & Fire
- ‘Ninja road stars’ piercing tires in South Lake Tahoe
- Police seeking assistance with hit and run outside Harveys Lake Tahoe
- In the après-ski spirit: Spots to check out after skiing in the Tahoe Basin
- Stay ‘bear aware’ during winter in the Lake Tahoe region
- Lake Tahoe food tampering suspect caught shoplifting dog food at Raley’s last summer