McFlurry leads to arrest
Ryan Summerlin November 5, 2014
A McDonald’s “McFlurry” landed a man in jail on Sunday when police were able track him down after he allegedly burglarized a motel.
The arrest occurred after police reportedly saw the suspect, Louis Fiori Jr., on surveillance footage forcing open the locked front door of The Trailhead Lodge and stealing from the cash drawer behind the employee counter on Thursday after business hours,according to a South Lake Tahoe Police Department (SLTPD) press release.
During the alleged burglary Fiori was seen on surveillance carrying a “McFlurry” ice cream. After reviewing the evidence, SLTPD Officer Mark Hounsell went to McDonald’s to review surveillance footage and saw Fiori on video moments prior to the burglary wearing the same clothes as seen on the burglary footage. On the McDonald’s video, Fiori was reportedly eating a “McFlurry” and filling out a job application.
Officers collected Fiori’s job application and were able to identify him. The officers attempted to find Fiori at the time but were unsuccessful.
On Sunday, investigators found Fiori back at McDonald’s where he was interviewed and subsequently arrested on a burglary charge.
Police do not believe the burglary is related to other burglaries previously reported in the area of the “Y.”
Trending In: Crime & Fire
- Collin still committed to South Lake Tahoe council candidacy after fatal wreck
- Letter: BEAR League board member says, ‘We are not making this up’
- Five injured in car accident down Kingsbury Grade Friday; city council candidate and wife confirmed as two of injured
- Tahoe Keys to apply for herbicide trial in effort to fight aquatic invasive species
- Membership-based airline expands service to and from Truckee Tahoe Airport