McFlurry leads to arrest
November 5, 2014
A McDonald's "McFlurry" landed a man in jail on Sunday when police were able track him down after he allegedly burglarized a motel.
The arrest occurred after police reportedly saw the suspect, Louis Fiori Jr., on surveillance footage forcing open the locked front door of The Trailhead Lodge and stealing from the cash drawer behind the employee counter on Thursday after business hours,according to a South Lake Tahoe Police Department (SLTPD) press release.
During the alleged burglary Fiori was seen on surveillance carrying a "McFlurry" ice cream. After reviewing the evidence, SLTPD Officer Mark Hounsell went to McDonald's to review surveillance footage and saw Fiori on video moments prior to the burglary wearing the same clothes as seen on the burglary footage. On the McDonald's video, Fiori was reportedly eating a "McFlurry" and filling out a job application.
Officers collected Fiori's job application and were able to identify him. The officers attempted to find Fiori at the time but were unsuccessful.
On Sunday, investigators found Fiori back at McDonald's where he was interviewed and subsequently arrested on a burglary charge.
Police do not believe the burglary is related to other burglaries previously reported in the area of the "Y."
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Crime & Fire
- Lake Tahoe kayaker recounts near-death experience in Upper Truckee River
- Edgewood Tahoe celebrates completion of $100M lodge
- Parking restrictions beefed up at Raley’s Village Center
- 5 things to know about the proposed South Lake Tahoe sales tax for roads
- Minden woman who died after falling in Upper Truckee River remembered at celebration of life