Women in house fire died from gunshot wounds
March 12, 2014
Authorities have identified Carol Hague, 62, and Crystal Ann Ward, 58, as the two women found dead in a Placerville house fire March 7, and announced that the two women died from gunshot wounds.
"The cause of the two victims' deaths has been determined as gunshot wounds. However, the manner in which they received those gunshot wounds is still under investigation," the El Dorado County Sheriff's Office said in a news release.
The fire was reported at about 5:48 a.m. on the 1600 block of Rose Lane. The women were found deceased inside the home, which was mostly destroyed by the fire.
Hague was a resident of the home, the sheriff's office said.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Crime & Fire
- Lake Tahoe kayaker recounts near-death experience in Upper Truckee River
- Minden woman who died after falling in Upper Truckee River remembered at celebration of life
- Kayaker reported missing at Lake Tahoe found safe in hotel room
- Search continues in reduced capacity for missing kayaker at Lake Tahoe
- Still mixed conditions on some Lake Tahoe trails following big winter, mild spring