Women in house fire died from gunshot wounds
March 12, 2014
Authorities have identified Carol Hague, 62, and Crystal Ann Ward, 58, as the two women found dead in a Placerville house fire March 7, and announced that the two women died from gunshot wounds.
"The cause of the two victims' deaths has been determined as gunshot wounds. However, the manner in which they received those gunshot wounds is still under investigation," the El Dorado County Sheriff's Office said in a news release.
The fire was reported at about 5:48 a.m. on the 1600 block of Rose Lane. The women were found deceased inside the home, which was mostly destroyed by the fire.
Hague was a resident of the home, the sheriff's office said.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Crime & Fire
- Carousel Estate on Lake Tahoe West Shore on market for $29.5 million (video)
- Changes to South Lake Tahoe vacation home rental rules finalized
- New mountain community under construction near Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe weather: Winter storm could dump 5 inches of snow at Tahoe
- Where to go in Tahoe if you don’t want to cook a Thanksgiving meal