Donate to Haiti
January 21, 2010
• Members of the South Lake Tahoe Rotary Club are banding together to send help to Haiti. President Dick Derby sent an e-mail asking members to bring a $100 donation to the club’s meeting next week. “These people are in need of our help,” Derby wrote.
• People can donate to Haitian earthquake relief while shopping at Raley’s. Raley’s will give 100 percent donations made from Saturday through Feb. 13 to the American Red Cross.
• The Safeway Foundation will make an initial contribution of $200,000 to the American Red Cross and UNICEF. Stores throughout the United States and Canada will collect donations for Haiti Disaster Relief through a checkstand program.
• Organizing aid to Haiti? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Red Cross International Response Fund: 1-800-RED-CROSS or http://www.utahredcross.org. Donate $10 automatically via text message by sending the text message “Haiti” to 90999.
• International Rescue Committee: http://www.theirc.org/donate/donate-now-haiti or call 1-877-REFUGEE.
Recommended Stories For You
• Catholic Relief Services: http://www.catholicrelief.org
• Church World Service: (Relief ministry of 35 Protestant, Orthodox and Anglican denominations of the National Council of Churches.) http://www.churchworldservice.org
• Doctors Without Borders: (Has 800 medical staffers in Haiti and is working to re-establish an operating surgical center.) donate.doctorswithoutborders.org
• Partners in Health: (A medical relief organization headquartered in the U.S. that has nine hospitals/clinics in Haiti.) http://www.pih.org/home.html
• InterAction has a list of agencies responding and how to donate to them. Find it here: http://www.interaction.org/crisis-list/earthquake-haiti
• USAID: http://www.usaid.gov/
• To find out how to help the International Rescue Committee, visit http://www.theIRC.org or call toll free, 1-877-REFUGEE.
• To donate through Oxfam’s emergency appeal, visit http://www.oxfam.org.uk
• Google’s service: haiticrisis.appspot.com
• CrisisCamps: bit.ly/5OSSAL
• Mapping of text messages: haiti.ushahidi.com
• OpenStreetMap: bit.ly/67MDM9
• U.S. State Department: tinyurl.com/y9pc77p
• A Haiti disaster response portal: haiti.sahanafoundation.org
• American Red Cross: Text “HAITI” to 90999 to donate $10
• The Yele Haiti Foundation created by musician Wyclef Jean: Text “YELE” to 501501 to donate $5
• The William J. Clinton Foundation: Text “HAITI” to 20222 to donate $10.
• The Rescue Union Mission and MedCorp International: Text “HAITI” to 85944 to donate $10
• To donate via iTunes, where you can make donations in larger amounts, go to http://www.apple.com and look for the “Help Haiti earthquake victims” section