Home marijuana grow may have started house fire | TahoeDailyTribune.com

Home marijuana grow may have started house fire

Electrical modifications to accommodate a small marijuana grow operation may have sparked a house fire early Sunday morning in South Lake Tahoe.

The fire was reported at 12:30 a.m. near the intersections of Carson and Armstrong avenues.

All three South Lake Tahoe Fire Department engines and both medic units responded and knocked the fire down quickly. No one was found inside.

Liberty Energy and Southwest Gas responded to secure the utilities and firefighters were able to shut down the water to the house.

A preliminary investigation showed multiple wiring modifications to power grow lights and fans. The burn patterns showed the source of the fire being near an electrical junction box. The investigation will be ongoing with fire investigators checking the fire scene.

Recommended Stories For You

Go back to article