Active shooter training exercise at LTCC
April 3, 2014
South Lake Tahoe’s police and fire departments are participating in an active shooter drill training exercise Thursday morning at Lake Tahoe Community College, from 9:30 a.m. to noon.
People may hear sounds resembling gunshots fired in the area. They are urged to not call 911 as this is only a training exercise, the city said in a news release this morning.
The goal of the training exercise is to give police and fire departments a chance to work together to prepare for an active shooter type of incident in the city limits.
Trending In: Local
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit
- Lake Tahoe’s South Shore ski resorts prep for powder, large crowds on Presidents Day weekend
- Update: Charter Communications services restored in South Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe Weather: 4 to 8 inches of new snow; another atmospheric river expected Monday
- Lake Tahoe weather: Snow, rain, avalanches, mudslides and more possible this week