American River Conservancy offers Epic Sierra Adventure
June 17, 2014
People have one more week to sign up for a 14-day Epic Sierra Adventures summer trip that's geared toward high school youth and organized by the American River Conservancy.
The program introduces teens to a variety of outdoor recreation opportunities and teaches minimum impact practices. Trips start in Coloma on the banks of the South Fork American River and end with a three-day backpack trip in Yosemite National Park.
Participants will paddle the American River, Lake Tahoe and Mono Lake and explore the different biomes of the Central Sierra on foot. They also contribute 12-15 hours of volunteer service at different sites visited throughout the adventure.
Trending In: Local
- Snowboarder from Connecticut dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort
- How long will ski season run at Lake Tahoe resorts?
- No timeframe for permanent fix to US 50 near Bridal Veil Falls
- TRPA looks to free transit, shared-use pathways for traffic solutions in Lake Tahoe
- Water managers may have to ‘spill’ water from Lake Tahoe