American River Conservancy offers Epic Sierra Adventure
June 17, 2014
People have one more week to sign up for a 14-day Epic Sierra Adventures summer trip that’s geared toward high school youth and organized by the American River Conservancy.
The program introduces teens to a variety of outdoor recreation opportunities and teaches minimum impact practices. Trips start in Coloma on the banks of the South Fork American River and end with a three-day backpack trip in Yosemite National Park.
Participants will paddle the American River, Lake Tahoe and Mono Lake and explore the different biomes of the Central Sierra on foot. They also contribute 12-15 hours of volunteer service at different sites visited throughout the adventure.
Trending In: Local
- Pilot found dead in plane wreckage west of Lake Tahoe
- Calling all millennials: South Lake Tahoe’s future depends on you
- City of South Lake Tahoe and JoAnn Conner again at odds over settlement
- Local briefs: South Lake Tahoe births, and more
- Tahoe Hockey Academy opens, plays first games at South Lake Tahoe Ice Arena