Anderson hearing continued
March 24, 2014
A preliminary hearing for Angelo F. Anderson, facing felony charges of attempted murder, assault with a firearm and shooting at an occupied vehicle, was continued over his objection Monday in El Dorado County Superior Court.
Anderson, 22, was arrested on Feb. 19 for allegedly firing a handgun at a former coworker who was driving away in a truck. The man wasn't injured. Anderson remains in custody on $500,000 bail.
While Anderson wanted to proceed with the preliminary hearing, his public defender, Bridget Matos, asked Judge Suzanne Kingsbury to continue the hearing for more time to investigate.
"I have not completed the investigation I would like to do before the preliminary hearing, so I am asking the court for good cause to continue this over his objection," Matos told the court.
The El Dorado County District Attorney's Office agreed to continue the hearing, partly for two witnesses to seek legal counsel. There is some concern the witnesses could incriminate themselves as part of their testimony in Anderson's preliminary hearing.
Kingsbury agreed to continue the preliminary hearing until April 10, calling it an "extraordinarily serious case" for Anderson. "The court will over the objection of Mr. Anderson find there is good cause to continue this temporarily," she said.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Tahoe Keys Marina without running water as dispute over bills continues
- Tahoe Chamber debuts South Shore Beer Trail
- Will big winter impact water temperature for swimmers in Lake Tahoe?
- LimeBike bike sharing program coming to Lake Tahoe’s South Shore
- Lake Tahoe filled to the brim for first time in years (video)
- Truckee-Tahoe business owners tackle housing shortage by becoming landlords
- Review: What’s it like riding a LimeBike in South Lake Tahoe?
- Momentum picks up in fight against invasive plants in Tahoe Keys
- State of the Lake Report on Lake Tahoe to be presented July 27
- Woodacre man dies in single-vehicle crash on Highway 88 near South Lake Tahoe