Annika Sorenstam to play American Century Celebrity championship
May 27, 2014
STATELINE — Annika Sorenstam is ready to tee it up again with the guys.
Eleven years to the week since Sorenstam played at Colonial on the PGA Tour, she announced Monday she’ll compete in July at the American Century Celebrity golf championship at Lake Tahoe.
The 43-year-old LPGA hall of famer says she’ll play from the same tees as the men in the field full of sports legends and entertainers, including defending champion Billy Tolliver, eight-time winner Rick Rhoden and five-time champ Dan Quinn.
Sorenstam, the mother of two, has a home on the lake’s north shore. She says she hasn’t played a lot of golf since she retired five years ago but she’s working on her game now to try to win the 54-hole tourney at Edgewood Tahoe.
Trending In: Local
- Storms dump 11 billion gallons of water in Lake Tahoe
- Calling all millennials: South Lake Tahoe’s future depends on you
- Tahoe Hockey Academy opens, plays first games at South Lake Tahoe Ice Arena
- Pilot found dead in plane wreckage west of Lake Tahoe
- Harrah’s and Harveys Lake Tahoe host 7th South Lake Tahoe Food & Wine Festival