Bijou Dog Agility Park opens
September 25, 2013
The Bijou Dog Agility Park was officially opened with a ribbon-cutting ceremony Sunday.
The City of South Lake Tahoe and the South Lake Tahoe Police Canine Association worked in partnership to install several pieces of custom dog agility equipment at the park. The Agility Park is available to the public and is an extension of the Bijou Dog Park. The only exception is when the South Lake Tahoe Police K9 Unit is training in the Agility Park, according to a press release. Closed session training times will be posted at the agility course.
The SLTPCA is a charitable organization separate from the city of South Lake Tahoe and is the official adopter of the Agility Park. The mission of the SLTPCA is to enhance the quality of life for dogs and their owners through support of the Agility Park and the canine association equipment for the SLTPCA K-9s. Members help with beautification improvements at the Agility Dog Park.
Donation levels are available for purchase at $50 and $75 sponsorship levels and will be acknowledged by custom engraved bricks. Bricks may say the name of the sponsor, a business name, a pet's name, or in memory of a loved one or pet. Visit http://www.sltpca.org for more details.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Tahoe Keys Marina without running water as dispute over bills continues
- Tahoe Chamber debuts South Shore Beer Trail
- Will big winter impact water temperature for swimmers in Lake Tahoe?
- LimeBike bike sharing program coming to Lake Tahoe’s South Shore
- Zephyr Cove kindergarten teacher retires after 34 years
- Truckee-Tahoe business owners tackle housing shortage by becoming landlords
- Review: What’s it like riding a LimeBike in South Lake Tahoe?
- Momentum picks up in fight against invasive plants in Tahoe Keys
- State of the Lake Report on Lake Tahoe to be presented July 27
- Woodacre man dies in single-vehicle crash on Highway 88 near South Lake Tahoe