Bike trail rehab project announced
June 20, 2014
A project to rebuild approximately 2.6 miles of Class 1 bike trail in South Lake Tahoe will start July 7, city officials announced Thursday. Work is expected to completed in early August.
The project is being funded with $250,000 of Measure R funding and a $475,452 grant from the Caltrans Bicycle Transportation Authority.
It will replace bike trail running parallel to U.S. 50 from Los Angeles Avenue to Motel 6 and the Upper Truckee River; as well as one segment on U.S. 50 from Helen Avenue to the South Y including from Rubicon to Tulare, Eloise to Ponderosa, Silver Dollar to Rubicon and Helen Avenue to South Avenue and Linear Park.
Existing bike trail will be pulverized with new pavement and striping installed on top of the recycled trail. The project includes construction of two new bridge decks and new signs.
A ribbon cutting ceremony will be held in August to commemorate the project, which has been several years in the making.
Trending In: Local
- Reforestation begins after Emerald Fire; cause of burn released
- Wet winter points to higher spring pollen count in the Tahoe Basin
- City of South Lake Tahoe says it over reported vacation home rental incidents
- South Lake Tahoe facing massive rise in pension payment
- Lake Tahoe filled to the brim for first time in years (video)