Bike trail rehab project announced
June 20, 2014
A project to rebuild approximately 2.6 miles of Class 1 bike trail in South Lake Tahoe will start July 7, city officials announced Thursday. Work is expected to completed in early August.
The project is being funded with $250,000 of Measure R funding and a $475,452 grant from the Caltrans Bicycle Transportation Authority.
It will replace bike trail running parallel to U.S. 50 from Los Angeles Avenue to Motel 6 and the Upper Truckee River; as well as one segment on U.S. 50 from Helen Avenue to the South Y including from Rubicon to Tulare, Eloise to Ponderosa, Silver Dollar to Rubicon and Helen Avenue to South Avenue and Linear Park.
Existing bike trail will be pulverized with new pavement and striping installed on top of the recycled trail. The project includes construction of two new bridge decks and new signs.
A ribbon cutting ceremony will be held in August to commemorate the project, which has been several years in the making.
Trending In: Local
- Storms dump 11 billion gallons of water in Lake Tahoe
- Calling all millennials: South Lake Tahoe’s future depends on you
- Pilot found dead in plane wreckage west of Lake Tahoe
- Tahoe Hockey Academy opens, plays first games at South Lake Tahoe Ice Arena
- Harrah’s and Harveys Lake Tahoe host 7th South Lake Tahoe Food & Wine Festival