June 18, 2014
ABOVE: Noah Lyle, a sixth-grader at Saint Theresa School, falls out of a cardboard boat at El Dorado Beach on Friday. Several students tested out homemade cardboard boats in the lake after studying buoyancy in their science classes at school. Children in grades five through eight participated in the project and were only allowed to use duct tape, packaging tape and cardboard for the experiment. Once in the water, parents and classmates cheered from the shore as students sat in their boats and tried to paddle. Some boats floated for a while before collapsing or rolling over.
Trending In: Local
- Reforestation begins after Emerald Fire; cause of burn released
- Wet winter points to higher spring pollen count in the Tahoe Basin
- City of South Lake Tahoe says it over reported vacation home rental incidents
- South Lake Tahoe facing massive rise in pension payment
- Construction begins on new Lake Tahoe housing project in Stateline