June 18, 2014
ABOVE: Noah Lyle, a sixth-grader at Saint Theresa School, falls out of a cardboard boat at El Dorado Beach on Friday. Several students tested out homemade cardboard boats in the lake after studying buoyancy in their science classes at school. Children in grades five through eight participated in the project and were only allowed to use duct tape, packaging tape and cardboard for the experiment. Once in the water, parents and classmates cheered from the shore as students sat in their boats and tried to paddle. Some boats floated for a while before collapsing or rolling over.
Trending In: Local
- Pilot found dead in plane wreckage west of Lake Tahoe
- Calling all millennials: South Lake Tahoe’s future depends on you
- City of South Lake Tahoe and JoAnn Conner again at odds over settlement
- Tahoe Hockey Academy opens, plays first games at South Lake Tahoe Ice Arena
- Storms dump 11 billion gallons of water in Lake Tahoe