CASA Corner: A Christmas poem
December 24, 2013
A CASA Christmas poem of thanks:
Dashing through the stores, with a CASA child's list in hand
So many volunteers with open hearts and hands.
Some bought bikes and dolls, others trucks and balls
This made the children smile, more than they had in awhile.
Ooooh, thanks Tahoe Tribune, SLT Rotary, and the library of El Dorado County,
Thanks to Harrah's, Tahoe Orthopedics & Sports Medicine for all the bounty.
Ooooh, thanks to Base Camp Pizza, TRPA , also to the Court Personnel
To our CASA volunteers and our community members, We love each of you so well!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from the South Lake Tahoe office of CASA El Dorado. We live in a community that cares about the children and the above businesses and organizations donated presents for every child that is spending this Christmas in foster care and/ or as part of the dependency Court system. It could not have happened without all of your help. Thanks so very much.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Tahoe Keys Marina without running water as dispute over bills continues
- Tahoe Chamber debuts South Shore Beer Trail
- Will big winter impact water temperature for swimmers in Lake Tahoe?
- LimeBike bike sharing program coming to Lake Tahoe’s South Shore
- Zephyr Cove kindergarten teacher retires after 34 years
- Truckee-Tahoe business owners tackle housing shortage by becoming landlords
- Review: What’s it like riding a LimeBike in South Lake Tahoe?
- Momentum picks up in fight against invasive plants in Tahoe Keys
- State of the Lake Report on Lake Tahoe to be presented July 27
- Woodacre man dies in single-vehicle crash on Highway 88 near South Lake Tahoe