Choices Day Program celebrates relocation
May 16, 2014
Choices Day Program-SLT, a five-day program designed to assist adults with developmental disabilities, celebrated moving to a new location Friday.
The grand opening was held at the chapter's new digs at 870 Emerald Bay Road, Box #3, Suite #400, where several community members gathered to applaud the move to a new building.
The program's old location was at 1950 Lake Tahoe Blvd., Suite #2. It moved into its new headquarters on Emerald Bay on Dec. 20.
"I would compare it from driving a bicycle to a Cadillac," program manager Robert Albin said at the open house.
The new building gives the program more space and features larger meeting rooms, designated classrooms and a partial kitchen.
Staff now has more room to teach vocational training, community integration, self-expression and functional life skills — the four major categories of the program.
"We're really set up," he said.
Choices-SLT is operated by Choices Transitional Services, a nonprofit organization based in Rancho Cordova.
The local branch is a transitional program helping people to move from high school to independent living and to develop participants' highest potential, according to Choices.
Choices-SLT is open five days a week. For more information call 541-0167.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Lake Tahoe kayaker recounts near-death experience in Upper Truckee River
- Kayaker reported missing at Lake Tahoe found safe in hotel room
- Ask Tessie: What are the most important rules of beach etiquette in Lake Tahoe?
- Minden woman who died after falling in Upper Truckee River remembered at celebration of life
- Search continues in reduced capacity for missing kayaker at Lake Tahoe