City manager Kerry gets five-year contract
October 2, 2013
South Lake Tahoe City Council approved a five-year contract for Manager Nancy Kerry on Tuesday.
Kerry has been the interim manager since May 15, 2012, according to a council staff report. Originally, the city intended to extend her contract for three and a half years.
But due to satisfactory performance, council members said during the meeting, they have offered her the position through Sept. 30, 2018.
"I'm very proud to serve this city, and I'm humbled by this opportunity," Kerry said.
Kerry is to make a base salary of $170,000, which went into effect Tuesday, according to the city's contract.
Most mentioned during the meeting were Kerry's leadership skills thus far as well as her ability to recently cut costs in the city's budget without having to cut any city employee positions.
"It's really important for an organization to have some stability," Mayor Tom Davis said. "I see us coming out of that and the leadership has been provided by Nancy."
The city reserves the right to terminate the contract. Kerry has been heading the $90 million total budget of the city, cutting costs in the millions of dollars, council members said.
"She has come in under strenuous circumstances, worked tirelessly to already save the city $3 million; if anything … her problem (is) working too hard for this community, making it a better place," JoAnn Conner said.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Will big winter impact water temperature for swimmers in Lake Tahoe?
- Zephyr Cove kindergarten teacher retires after 34 years
- LimeBike bike sharing program coming to Lake Tahoe’s South Shore
- Tahoe Chamber debuts South Shore Beer Trail
- Tahoe Keys Marina without running water as dispute over bills continues
- Jack Johnson donates to Lake Tahoe environmental groups
- Truckee-Tahoe business owners tackle housing shortage by becoming landlords
- State of the Lake Report on Lake Tahoe to be presented July 27
- Woodacre man dies in single-vehicle crash on Highway 88 near South Lake Tahoe
- Review: What’s it like riding a LimeBike in South Lake Tahoe?