City: No outdoor open burning allowed
August 7, 2014
South Lake Tahoe officials are reminding people that a prohibition on outdoor open burning remains in effect within the city limits because of severe drought conditions and extreme fire danger.
The city of South Lake Tahoe and the South Lake Tahoe Fire Department have adopted a section of the California fire code prohibiting opening burning "when atmospheric conditions or local circumstances make such fires hazardous."
Trending In: Local
- Another roof collapses near Lake Tahoe
- Tahoe Science Logbook: What a wet winter means for Lake Tahoe
- Tahoe crime recap: Drunk driver tries to run witness off road after hitting bicyclist
- Marina fee increase forces cancellation of 2017 South Tahoe Wooden Boat Classic
- South Lake Tahoe City Council awards bid for bike path