Couple hit by car on Emerald Bay Road
October 4, 2013
Two people were injured when they were hit by a car Friday morning on Emerald Bay Road, South Lake Tahoe police reported.
SLTPD Lt. Brian Williams said the victims were walking across U.S. Highway 89 when they were hit by a motorist who reportedly did not see them. Williams said alcohol does not appear to be a factor in the crash.
"The driver stopped immediately and got out," Williams said.
The woman was treated for her injuries at Barton Medical Center, while her partner was flown by helicopter to Reno. The male victim was in critical condition Friday morning, but no updates were available by press time.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Tahoe Keys Marina without running water as dispute over bills continues
- Tahoe Chamber debuts South Shore Beer Trail
- Will big winter impact water temperature for swimmers in Lake Tahoe?
- LimeBike bike sharing program coming to Lake Tahoe’s South Shore
- Zephyr Cove kindergarten teacher retires after 34 years
- Truckee-Tahoe business owners tackle housing shortage by becoming landlords
- Review: What’s it like riding a LimeBike in South Lake Tahoe?
- Momentum picks up in fight against invasive plants in Tahoe Keys
- State of the Lake Report on Lake Tahoe to be presented July 27
- Woodacre man dies in single-vehicle crash on Highway 88 near South Lake Tahoe