Draft Tahoe Valley Area Plan released
June 6, 2014
South Lake Tahoe is releasing its draft Tahoe Valley Area Plan.
The 100-page document is a land use and zoning plan for the Tahoe Valley area, a 335-acre area centered around the "Y" intersection of U.S. 50 and Highway 89.
The city and Tahoe Regional Planning Agency have determined the plan needs a detailed environmental impact analysis and are preparing a joint environment impact review and statement to inform agencies about its potential environmental affects.
Several scoping meetings are scheduled:
• June 11, 9:30 a.m., TRPA Advisory Planning Commission, 128 Market Street, Stateline.
• June 19, 6 p.m., South Lake Tahoe City Council Chambers, 1901 Airport Road, South Lake Tahoe.
• July 1, 9 a.m., South Lake Tahoe City Council Chambers, 1901 Airport Road, South Lake Tahoe.
• July 10, 3 p.m., South Lake Tahoe Planning Commission, City Council Chambers, 1901 Airport Road, South Lake Tahoe.
The plan is available online: http://www.cityofslt.us/TahoeValley
Trending In: Local
- Reforestation begins after Emerald Fire; cause of burn released
- Wet winter points to higher spring pollen count in the Tahoe Basin
- City of South Lake Tahoe says it over reported vacation home rental incidents
- South Lake Tahoe facing massive rise in pension payment
- Construction begins on new Lake Tahoe housing project in Stateline