El Dorado County and Tahoe Basin roadwork schedule for July 14-20
July 18, 2013
Caltrans has announced its roadwork projects, which will take place in the basin July 14-20.
U.S. Highway 50 in South Lake Tahoe
• Work continues on completing a $43 million water-quality and roadway improvement project from the Trout Creek Bridge to Ski Run Boulevard. Landscaping, striping and electrical work is scheduled for summer 2013. Completion is expected in early fall.
• Eastbound and westbound motorists can expect alternating No. 2 lane and shoulder closures from Trout Creek to Ski Run Boulevard from midnight to 11 a.m. Monday through Friday. A contractor is scheduled to do drainage work.
• Work continues on a $7.3 project from just west of Ski Run Boulevard to Wildwood Avenue adding curbs, gutters and new drainage systems and repaving the highway. Completion is expected by 2014.
• Eastbound and westbound motorists can expect alternating lane and shoulder closures from Fairway Avenue to Wildwood Avenue from 11:30 p.m. Sunday to 10 a.m. Monday, 10 p.m. to 10 a.m. Monday through Thursday and 10 p.m. Thursday to 9 a.m. Friday. A contractor is scheduled to do drainage work.
• Work has started on a $12.1 million project from the "Y" intersection of Highways 50 and 89 to the South Lake Tahoe Airport adding curbs, gutters and new drainage systems and repaving the highway. Completion is expected by 2014.
• Eastbound and westbound motorists can expect alternating lane and shoulder closures from F Street to the "Y" from 8 p.m. to 11 a.m. Monday through Thursday and 8 p.m. Thursday to 10 a.m. Friday. A contractor is scheduled to do drainage work.
State Route 89
• Work continues on a $41 million project from Tahoma to Tahoe City on Lake Tahoe's West Shore that will relocate and replace gas lines, upgrade storm water drainage and treatment systems, add curbs and gutters, resurface and realign the road and widen shoulders. Sections of the bike trail will also be revamped. Completion is expected in 2016.
• Motorists can expect one-way traffic control at two locations from Tallac Street to Timberland Drive around the clock from 11 p.m. Sunday to 10 a.m. Friday. A contractor is scheduled to do utility work.
• Work continues on Placer County's $31 million Kings Beach Commercial Core Improvement Project from State Route 267 to Chipmunk Street. The project will install curbs, sidewalks, roundabouts and drainage systems to enhance pedestrian/bicycle mobility, improve safety and provide water-quality improvements.
• Eastbound motorists can expect the No. 2 lane and right shoulder from Fox Street to Chipmunk Street closed from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Thursday. Eastbound and westbound motorists can expect the #1 lane closed from Deer Street to the junction of Highway 267 from 5 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Thursday. A contractor is scheduled to do utility work.
• Eastbound and westbound motorists can expect alternating lane closures at the junction of State Route 89 and U.S. Highway 50, aka the "Y" from 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. Monday through Wednesday. A Caltrans crew is scheduled to do grinding and paving work in the intersection.
State Route 89 from Fairway Drive in Tahoe City to Rampart Drive: Motorists can expect one-way traffic control from midnight to 10 a.m. Monday through Friday. A contractor is scheduled to do drainage work.
The Tough Mudder endurance event takes place at Northstar Resort on Saturday and Sunday, July 13-14. Parking lots for the event will also be used at Alpine Meadows and Boreal on Saturday. Motorists may experience delays on Interstate 80 and State Routes 89 and 267 from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday and on State 267 from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Sunday because of the event. California Highway Patrol will be conducting traffic control.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Tahoe Chamber debuts South Shore Beer Trail
- Tahoe Keys Marina without running water as dispute over bills continues
- LimeBike bike sharing program coming to Lake Tahoe’s South Shore
- Will big winter impact water temperature for swimmers in Lake Tahoe?
- Lake Tahoe filled to the brim for first time in years (video)
- Review: What’s it like riding a LimeBike in South Lake Tahoe?
- Truckee-Tahoe business owners tackle housing shortage by becoming landlords
- South Lake Tahoe resident wins Tahoe Rim Trail Endurance Run 100 mile race
- Proposed Shoreline Plan could allow 138 new piers in Lake Tahoe
- Momentum picks up in fight against invasive plants in Tahoe Keys