Fawn rescued from Bison fire
July 11, 2013
A Nevada Division of Forestry hand crew found a fawn alone and scared while working the Bison Fire in the Pinenut Mountains on Friday. The fawn was presumed dead, but upon closer inspection the fawn was alive.
The NDOF crew passed the deer off to a Reno fire crew who gave her oxygen and water.
Mike Lawrence, crew boss with Pierce Fire, then took the fawn and transported her off the mountain. The deer was taken by the Nevada Department of Wildlife from the Pierce Fire crew. NDOW said the deer was in good health.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Will big winter impact water temperature for swimmers in Lake Tahoe?
- Tahoe Chamber debuts South Shore Beer Trail
- Tahoe Keys Marina without running water as dispute over bills continues
- LimeBike bike sharing program coming to Lake Tahoe’s South Shore
- Zephyr Cove kindergarten teacher retires after 34 years
- Truckee-Tahoe business owners tackle housing shortage by becoming landlords
- Review: What’s it like riding a LimeBike in South Lake Tahoe?
- Momentum picks up in fight against invasive plants in Tahoe Keys
- State of the Lake Report on Lake Tahoe to be presented July 27
- Jack Johnson donates to Lake Tahoe environmental groups