Fawn rescued from Bison fire
July 11, 2013
A Nevada Division of Forestry hand crew found a fawn alone and scared while working the Bison Fire in the Pinenut Mountains on Friday. The fawn was presumed dead, but upon closer inspection the fawn was alive.
The NDOF crew passed the deer off to a Reno fire crew who gave her oxygen and water.
Mike Lawrence, crew boss with Pierce Fire, then took the fawn and transported her off the mountain. The deer was taken by the Nevada Department of Wildlife from the Pierce Fire crew. NDOW said the deer was in good health.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Lake Tahoe kayaker recounts near-death experience in Upper Truckee River
- Edgewood Tahoe celebrates completion of $100M lodge
- Will big winter impact water temperature for swimmers in Lake Tahoe?
- Parking restrictions beefed up at Raley’s Village Center
- 5 things to know about the proposed South Lake Tahoe sales tax for roads