Fire restrictions begin July 1
June 14, 2013
The U.S. Forest Service Lake Tahoe Basin Management Unit will enact fire restrictions begin July 1, according to a statement issued this week.
Residential burning permits in Calfire's Amador-El Dorado-Sacramento Unit will be suspended and fire restrictions in some of Eldorado National Forest will also begin Monday, according to the statement. Fire restrictions in the remainder of Eldorado National Forest will be put in place July 1.
"As we enter the height of tourist season here in the Lake Tahoe Basin, the last two consecutive dry winters have left us with an increased potential for wildfire," LTBMU Forest Supervisor Nancy Gibson said in the statement. "By working together we can help protect our homes, the community and our public lands from wildfire."
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Will big winter impact water temperature for swimmers in Lake Tahoe?
- Zephyr Cove kindergarten teacher retires after 34 years
- Tahoe Chamber debuts South Shore Beer Trail
- LimeBike bike sharing program coming to Lake Tahoe’s South Shore
- Tahoe Keys Marina without running water as dispute over bills continues
- Truckee-Tahoe business owners tackle housing shortage by becoming landlords
- Jack Johnson donates to Lake Tahoe environmental groups
- State of the Lake Report on Lake Tahoe to be presented July 27
- Woodacre man dies in single-vehicle crash on Highway 88 near South Lake Tahoe
- Review: What’s it like riding a LimeBike in South Lake Tahoe?