Fire restrictions begin July 1
June 14, 2013
The U.S. Forest Service Lake Tahoe Basin Management Unit will enact fire restrictions begin July 1, according to a statement issued this week.
Residential burning permits in Calfire's Amador-El Dorado-Sacramento Unit will be suspended and fire restrictions in some of Eldorado National Forest will also begin Monday, according to the statement. Fire restrictions in the remainder of Eldorado National Forest will be put in place July 1.
"As we enter the height of tourist season here in the Lake Tahoe Basin, the last two consecutive dry winters have left us with an increased potential for wildfire," LTBMU Forest Supervisor Nancy Gibson said in the statement. "By working together we can help protect our homes, the community and our public lands from wildfire."
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Jack Johnson donates to Lake Tahoe environmental groups
- Ribaudo column: Is Lake Tahoe’s South Shore at risk of overtourism?
- Tahoe warming at 14 times the normal rate
- Stateline woman riding high after finishing 2nd in Tahoe Rim Trail Endurance Run 100 mile race
- UPDATE: Crews reach 100 percent containment on Ranch Fire in El Dorado County