Free concerts mark end of Valhalla festival
August 13, 2014
The Valhalla Arts, Music and Theatre Festival will wrap up this season with two free musical performances scheduled for Aug. 17 and 18.
On Aug. 17, Valhalla presents this year's final show in the Concert on the Lawn series. The Banana Slug String Band, an acclaimed children's act, will provide the music for the special free kids concert.
The band produces original music full of inspiring messages about taking care of each other and the environment, according to a press release. Everyone, especially families, is invited to bring a picnic to the Grand Lawn at Valhalla, where the show will take place from noon to 2 p.m.
Then, to close out the festival, a free concert featuring the U.S. Air Force woodwinds band the Golden West Winds from Travis Air Force Base will be held Aug. 18.
The concert will start at 7:30 p.m. in the Boathouse Theatre, where the Golden West Winds will perform "an assortment of chamber music ranging from the works of baroque masters to the ragtime of Scott Joplin — music that will appeal to all ages," according to the release.
For more information, go to valhallatahoe.com or call (530) 541-4975.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Does the South Lake Tahoe city manager make more than the California Governor?
- The Polar Express leaves the station, begins limited run (video)
- Valhalla Holiday Faire celebrates the season
- Photographer brings ‘Lakes of Desolation’ exhibit to South Lake Tahoe
- Whole Foods: Amazon merger won’t impact South Lake Tahoe store
- More than 2 feet of snow in mountains around Lake Tahoe
- Verde Mexican Rotisserie closes Meyers location
- El Dorado County moves toward temporary cannabis ban
- UPDATE: Lifts running as Heavenly Mountain Resort opens 2017-18 season (video)
- SnowSport Safety Foundation releases safety report card; California ski industry dismisses report