Grinch not so bad around South Tahoe Refuse
December 27, 2013
Far from trying to steal Christmas, The Grinch has been sneaking around the offices at South Tahoe Refuse to spread fun and holiday cheer.
"We've been having a lot of fun with him," Ardith Cimino said about co-worker Natalee Billman's collection of Grinch figures and ornaments. "It's all fun and games."
A 5-foot-tall replica of the Grinch that Billman brought in for the holidays has popped up in president Jeff Tillman's car and bathroom and at his office desk.
When Tillman opened his office blinds the other day, the fuzzy green guy whose "heart is full of unwashed socks" and "soul is full of gunk" was standing on the balcony, glowering in at him from outside.
"The Grinch has been putting a smile on all of our faces," Cimino said of the holiday horseplay.
Whenever the large Grinch replica is missing from his usual spot in the office at South Tahoe Refuse, Tillman now knows to be on the lookout for him someplace else.
"We've got a few more days to find creative places for him to hide," Cimino said.
Billman said she's been collecting Grinch-inspired ornaments and figurines for about 17 years. Some of that collection is displayed on and around her desk at work.
The Dr. Seuss character has a bad-rap for trying to steal Christmas, but Billman has always thought, "He's cool."
Not a Grinch herself by any stretch, Billman is glad to see her collection being used for holiday fun. Asked what she wants for Christmas, Billman says she wouldn't mind seeing another Grinch or two in her Christmas stocking or under the tree.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Tahoe Keys Marina without running water as dispute over bills continues
- Tahoe Chamber debuts South Shore Beer Trail
- Will big winter impact water temperature for swimmers in Lake Tahoe?
- LimeBike bike sharing program coming to Lake Tahoe’s South Shore
- Zephyr Cove kindergarten teacher retires after 34 years
- Truckee-Tahoe business owners tackle housing shortage by becoming landlords
- Review: What’s it like riding a LimeBike in South Lake Tahoe?
- Momentum picks up in fight against invasive plants in Tahoe Keys
- State of the Lake Report on Lake Tahoe to be presented July 27
- Woodacre man dies in single-vehicle crash on Highway 88 near South Lake Tahoe