Helicopter crashes near Rubicon Trail
August 1, 2014
Emergency personnel are currently responding to a helicopter crash near the area of Buck Island Lake, located near the Rubicon Trail.
There does not appear to be any fatalities. However, there are injuries, according to the El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office.
The Sheriff’s Office has not confirmed the number of people on board the helicopter. Cal Star 6 is currently on scene and assessing injuries. The FAA has also been notified.
Authorities were notified of a possible helicopter crash on the Rubicon Trail about 1 p.m. today. Deputies assigned to the trail patrol arrived on scene and verified a downed helicopter near the area of Buck Island Lake, according to the Sheriff’s Office.
More details will be available soon.
Trending In: Local
- Underwater photographer captures clarity of Lake Tahoe
- ‘Ninja road stars’ piercing tires in South Lake Tahoe
- South Shore’s The Lake House Restaurant opens its doors
- South Shore community comes together for 23-year-old fighting cancer
- Free pet adoptions at El Dorado County animal shelters during December