Helicopter crashes near Rubicon Trail
August 1, 2014
Emergency personnel are currently responding to a helicopter crash near the area of Buck Island Lake, located near the Rubicon Trail.
There does not appear to be any fatalities. However, there are injuries, according to the El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office.
The Sheriff’s Office has not confirmed the number of people on board the helicopter. Cal Star 6 is currently on scene and assessing injuries. The FAA has also been notified.
Authorities were notified of a possible helicopter crash on the Rubicon Trail about 1 p.m. today. Deputies assigned to the trail patrol arrived on scene and verified a downed helicopter near the area of Buck Island Lake, according to the Sheriff’s Office.
More details will be available soon.
Trending In: Local
- Storms dump 11 billion gallons of water in Lake Tahoe
- Calling all millennials: South Lake Tahoe’s future depends on you
- Local briefs: South Lake Tahoe Loop Road public meeting, and more
- Tahoe Hockey Academy opens, plays first games at South Lake Tahoe Ice Arena
- Election 2016: To legalize marijuana in Nevada … or to not legalize?