Helicopter crashes near Rubicon Trail
August 1, 2014
Emergency personnel are currently responding to a helicopter crash near the area of Buck Island Lake, located near the Rubicon Trail.
There does not appear to be any fatalities. However, there are injuries, according to the El Dorado County Sheriff's Office.
The Sheriff's Office has not confirmed the number of people on board the helicopter. Cal Star 6 is currently on scene and assessing injuries. The FAA has also been notified.
Authorities were notified of a possible helicopter crash on the Rubicon Trail about 1 p.m. today. Deputies assigned to the trail patrol arrived on scene and verified a downed helicopter near the area of Buck Island Lake, according to the Sheriff's Office.
More details will be available soon.
Trending In: Local
- Reforestation begins after Emerald Fire; cause of burn released
- Lake Tahoe filled to the brim for first time in years (video)
- Wet winter points to higher spring pollen count in the Tahoe Basin
- City of South Lake Tahoe says it over reported vacation home rental incidents
- 50-foot floating sculpture to land in Lake Tahoe this summer
- Lake Tahoe water board orders further study, cleanup of contaminated groundwater
- Tahoe crime recap: Scissor-wielding transient man arrested after hurling profanity, threats
- UPDATE: Police say stolen tractor-trailer crashed into famed brothel near Carson City
- Ribaudo column: Housing in Tahoe — ‘like a bad toothache that doesn’t go away’
- Suggestions for making the most of Memorial Day weekend at Lake Tahoe