Helicopter crashes near Rubicon Trail
August 1, 2014
Emergency personnel are currently responding to a helicopter crash near the area of Buck Island Lake, located near the Rubicon Trail.
There does not appear to be any fatalities. However, there are injuries, according to the El Dorado County Sheriff's Office.
The Sheriff's Office has not confirmed the number of people on board the helicopter. Cal Star 6 is currently on scene and assessing injuries. The FAA has also been notified.
Authorities were notified of a possible helicopter crash on the Rubicon Trail about 1 p.m. today. Deputies assigned to the trail patrol arrived on scene and verified a downed helicopter near the area of Buck Island Lake, according to the Sheriff's Office.
More details will be available soon.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Will big winter impact water temperature for swimmers in Lake Tahoe?
- Zephyr Cove kindergarten teacher retires after 34 years
- Tahoe Chamber debuts South Shore Beer Trail
- LimeBike bike sharing program coming to Lake Tahoe’s South Shore
- Tahoe Keys Marina without running water as dispute over bills continues
- Truckee-Tahoe business owners tackle housing shortage by becoming landlords
- Jack Johnson donates to Lake Tahoe environmental groups
- State of the Lake Report on Lake Tahoe to be presented July 27
- Woodacre man dies in single-vehicle crash on Highway 88 near South Lake Tahoe
- Review: What’s it like riding a LimeBike in South Lake Tahoe?