Joey the goldfish finds a home
May 16, 2014
An 11-inch goldfish named Joey found a new home at Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel in South Lake Tahoe on Friday.
Joey was won at a school carnival about four years ago and initially lived in a salad bowl before Darlene Morris, an accounting assistant with the Lake Tahoe Unified School District, started taking care of him.
Morris bought a 10-gallon aquarium for Joey, which the fish eventually outgrew, before needing to buy another larger aquarium later, which the goldfish outgrew again.
Joey was living in a 55-gallon aquarium before he was put in the fish pond at Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel on Friday. He arrived safely in his new home and will be under the close watch of the hotel’s chief fish caretaker, Antonio Valdivia.
“He’s in a beautiful new home,” Morris said in a statement. “It’s like he’s OK. I am so grateful.”
Trending In: Local
- Pilot found dead in plane wreckage west of Lake Tahoe
- Storms dump 11 billion gallons of water in Lake Tahoe
- Calling all millennials: South Lake Tahoe’s future depends on you
- Tahoe Hockey Academy opens, plays first games at South Lake Tahoe Ice Arena
- Harrah’s and Harveys Lake Tahoe host 7th South Lake Tahoe Food & Wine Festival