Kindergarten registration set for the Lake Tahoe Unified School District
April 17, 2014
Kindergarten registration for the Lake Tahoe Unified School District is being held May 5-9 at all elementary schools. To be eligible for enrollment a child must be five years of age on or before Sept. 1, 2014. If your child was born in the month of November and will be five years of age on or before Dec. 2, 2014, they qualify for transitional kindergarten — two-year kindergarten program.
California Law requires that: You bring child's birth certificate, proof of immunizations, which includes the Varicella (Chicken Pox), Hepatitis B and for most children — the last booster shot. Children will not be enrolled in school without presenting an up-to-date immunization record; your child has a health examination upon entry to school (schedule with your family physician); your child has an oral health examination upon entry to school (dental examinations that have occurred in the last 12 months meet this requirement); and you bring proof of California residency.
Call you neighborhood elementary school to make an appointment: Bijou Community School 530-543-2337; Sierra House Elementary 530-543-2327; and Tahoe Valley Elementary 530-543-2350.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Tahoe Chamber debuts South Shore Beer Trail
- Tahoe Keys Marina without running water as dispute over bills continues
- LimeBike bike sharing program coming to Lake Tahoe’s South Shore
- Will big winter impact water temperature for swimmers in Lake Tahoe?
- Lake Tahoe filled to the brim for first time in years (video)
- Review: What’s it like riding a LimeBike in South Lake Tahoe?
- Truckee-Tahoe business owners tackle housing shortage by becoming landlords
- South Lake Tahoe resident wins Tahoe Rim Trail Endurance Run 100 mile race
- Proposed Shoreline Plan could allow 138 new piers in Lake Tahoe
- Momentum picks up in fight against invasive plants in Tahoe Keys