Kudos & Kindness: Donations made AVID fundraiser possible
October 28, 2013
On behalf of the students in the AVID College Preparatory System at South Tahoe High School, I would like to send a sincere thank you to Mr. Eric Eymann for his generous donation that took place at LewMarNel's Restaurant on Oct. 24. Guests at his restaurant were treated to a four-course lasagna dinner, with proceeds going to fund a college field trip for 60 AVID high school juniors. The dinner was capped off by a delicious homemade cheesecake donated by Mr. Jason Bucholtz. Events like these help not only the specific students in the AVID System, but all of the South Shore as we educate our local students who will in turn give back to their community.
South Tahoe High School AVID co-coordinator
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Tahoe Chamber debuts South Shore Beer Trail
- Tahoe Keys Marina without running water as dispute over bills continues
- LimeBike bike sharing program coming to Lake Tahoe’s South Shore
- Will big winter impact water temperature for swimmers in Lake Tahoe?
- Carson City bypass ready for debut; residents to ride, run, walk final stretch of freeway Saturday
- Review: What’s it like riding a LimeBike in South Lake Tahoe?
- Truckee-Tahoe business owners tackle housing shortage by becoming landlords
- South Lake Tahoe resident wins Tahoe Rim Trail Endurance Run 100 mile race
- Proposed Shoreline Plan could allow 138 new piers in Lake Tahoe
- Momentum picks up in fight against invasive plants in Tahoe Keys