Kudos & Kindness: Faith Sharing Group sponsors dinner
June 25, 2013
Bread & Broth would like to thank St. Gall Catholic Church's Faith Sharing Group from Gardnerville, Nev., for sponsoring the June 10 Adopt A Day of Nourishment. As part of its ministry, the Faith Sharing Group wanted to help those in need and chose to support Bread & Broth's efforts to provide a hot and nutritious dinner to the hungry of the South Lake Tahoe community.
After the dinner's guests were served, one member of the Faith Sharing Group, Claudi Broquist wrote, "the experience, for me, was very humbling. To see all these people, of all ages and backgrounds come together for food and friendship was amazing to me. I wanted to 'hug' them all." Fellow group members Bill Broquist, Barb and Don McRoberts, Jack Stemplinger, Sue Ewald, Lea Morgan and St. Gall's Father Paul McCollum joined Claudi in helping the Bread & Broth volunteers provide a hearty, well-balanced meal at the evening's dinner.
The Faith Sharing Group members were a hardworking group and, thanks to their help, the Bread & Broth volunteer crew had the hall and kitchen cleaned up in record time. Bread & Broth is very fortunate and grateful to St. Gall's Faith Sharing Group and all our sponsors who have over the past 24 years supported our efforts to feed those in need every Monday at St. Theresa Church's Parish Hall and the South Lake Tahoe Community Presbyterian Church on Friday's for the last four years.
Bread & Broth
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Tahoe Keys Marina without running water as dispute over bills continues
- Tahoe Chamber debuts South Shore Beer Trail
- Will big winter impact water temperature for swimmers in Lake Tahoe?
- LimeBike bike sharing program coming to Lake Tahoe’s South Shore
- Zephyr Cove kindergarten teacher retires after 34 years
- Truckee-Tahoe business owners tackle housing shortage by becoming landlords
- Review: What’s it like riding a LimeBike in South Lake Tahoe?
- Momentum picks up in fight against invasive plants in Tahoe Keys
- State of the Lake Report on Lake Tahoe to be presented July 27
- Woodacre man dies in single-vehicle crash on Highway 88 near South Lake Tahoe