Kudos & Kindness: Kiwanis Sunrisers feed community
February 28, 2014
It's always rewarding to see the smiling and grateful faces of Bread & Broth dinner guests and how helping the less fortune of our community has become such a high priority for many members of the South Shore community. Bread & Broth is very fortunate to have the weekly support for our "Adopt A Day of Nourishment" program and the hot, nutritious meals our sponsorships provide.
On Feb. 24, the Kiwanis Lake Tahoe Sunrisers generously donated $250 to provide the evening's meal as Bread & Broth's Adopt A Day sponsor. Kiwanis Sunrisers member Charles Nelson manned the serving line helping to dish out dijon honey ham, scalloped potatoes, baked beans and an assortment of green and fruit salads. "It's rewarding to help the community," Charles said as he assisted the Bread & Broth volunteers with serving and cleanup.
The role of the Kiwanis Lake Tahoe Sunrisers is to conduct service projects to respond to community needs. There are many members of the South Shore community who are in need and in selecting Bread & Broth's Adopt A Day program, the Kiwanis Sunrisers helped to feed a much-needed hot meal to our community's members. Thank you, Kiwanis Lake Tahoe Sunrisers.
Bread & Broth
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Jack Johnson donates to Lake Tahoe environmental groups
- Ribaudo column: Is Lake Tahoe’s South Shore at risk of overtourism?
- Tahoe Keys Marina denied request for water to be turned on, again
- Tahoe warming at 14 times the normal rate
- Stateline woman riding high after finishing 2nd in Tahoe Rim Trail Endurance Run 100 mile race